Sunday, January 6, 2008

“A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

Rather than resolutions, I do New Years Goals. I think a resolution implies that you need to fix or change some part of your life, and lets face it, nobody wants to be fixed. So instead I do goals. My life is full of goals, and over the past couple of years I've done a pretty good job at hitting them. In the past I've limited them to finance, this year I'm going to create goals for other areas of life as well.

Career
  • Support E in finding a job he loves where we can spend more time together during the week (he should be working at new job by December 31, 2008)
  • Reach or exceed all of my sales goals at FWI
  • Mentor a new salesperson who will love working at FWI and have that person be in outside sales by year end
Finances


  • Combined household income of $200K or more

  • Add at least $30K to Savings/Investments

  • Pay down student loans at a rate of $1000/month

  • Pay additional $500/month toward mortgage

Household
  • Spend at least 15 minutes 5 days per week on housework

  • Paint all living areas of the house to fit my dream house

  • Complete phase 1 of landscaping for under $5,000 (lawn, patio, some trees & shrubs)

Social
  • Host 3 parties at our house

  • Engage with at least 2 recreational activities where we can make new friends as a couple

  • Add at least 3 new friends to my social network
Recreation & Travel
  • Travel to see our families in California, Washington, and Maryland

  • 1 Vacation to someplace with a beach

  • Try at least 3 new activities

  • Go on at least 2 backpacking trips

No comments: