Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Goals

Financial

Replenish savings to the level it was at on August 1, 2008
Create savings plans for the following:
- Emergency fund
- Baby's college education
- Retirement
Pay an extra $500 / month toward principle on the mortgage
Reduce student loan debt by 50%
Combined income of $175,000

Household

Paint and decorate the following areas of the house:
- Master bedroom
- Nursery
- Master bath
- Dining room
- Kitchen
Plant an organized and diverse veggie garden
Build a gate in the back yard for easy park access
Flowering trees/shrubs (or maybe fruit) along perimeter of back yard

Social

Make new couple/baby friends who live close by
Host at least 3 parties at our house
Join two new social groups (book club, play groups, etc)
Develop network of baby resources

Family

Send out holiday cards no later than December 10th
See all of our family at least 2 times

Personal

Return to weight of 125 lbs after the baby comes
Learn to sew, knit, or some other creative skill by hand
Read 12 or more books
Inspire others to live more "Green"

4 comments:

dinerfeld said...

Admirable goals...I recommend getting as many of them done before baby arrives. Once he's here, you'd be amazed how hard it is to get anything else done for a while :)

Becky Vartabedian said...

G - I don't know if you're familiar with this blog, but you should check it out: www.walkslowlylivewildly.com.

~g~ said...

Thanks Becky! I was following their Live Lightly blog on my feed reader, but it just kind of disappeared. I'm glad you reconnected me!

The Allens said...

Hi! With the pediatrician, I asked all of my friends that have children under age three. The majority recommended the doctor I chose. However, several people gave me unsolicited advice and for the most part they were all telling me about the same practice that the doctor I chose was in. So, I called that practice and asked which doctors were taking newborns. I figured I would be safe with any of them, but the one that had been most recommended was taking patients, so I was very blessed! I would definitely go by word of mouth when it comes to a doctor, but make sure the friends you ask have similar personalities to you.
Thank you for stopping by my blog! I will look forward to following your adventure!