Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blogging

One of my main reasons for this blog over a year ago was that I wanted to make sure that when you google my name, you actually find ME. That mission has been very successful. Last time I googled myself, I found 3 pages worth of results that actually were connected to me.

When I first got started, I struggled with concerns about what people would think and who might be reading. But now, I've really taken that on as the fun part of blogging. I've now built a whole network of sites where you can find out more about me: Linked In, MySpace, Facebook, and my blogs (I keep two of them now!). I even attempted to leverage this network while job hunting, encouraging resume readers to visit my Linked In site, where I was able to promote myself in greater detail than my resume alone could do.

And just recently, I've discovered the secret to blogging...reading and leaving comments on other blogs. I've stumbled across a network of baby blogs and have had so much fun reading them, posting to the ones that inspire me or make me laugh, and then watching people discover mine in the same way! Unfortunately though, I just realized that my profile didn't promote the baby blog...so to those new baby blog readers, look again or just click here to read more about my pregnancy adventures!

Another unexpected joy of blogging has been the contact with pure strangers. Twice now I've had people contact me with questions about my life and adventures, and it has been really rewarding to see that I'm not just writing in a private notebook.

It really is fascinating to me to see the way that the internet has changed the way we communicate with the world. Here's to another great year of blogs!!

No comments: